want kerberos 1.3.x for Solaris

Dirk Pape pape at inf.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 1 03:04:23 EDT 2004

Thanks to all, so I will install the newest MIT kerberos Version in
/usr/local.

There is one question left:

We want to authenticate login via kerberos, but the pam_kerb module
included with Solaris 9 is linked against the Solaris 9 libs and so
cannot do TCP kerberos.

I found <http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam-krb5/> which claims to work
with Solaris.

Does anybody have experience in using this instead of the builtin
pam_krb5 system?

The README says it will work with Linux PAM, which is AFAIK different
from Solaris PAM? Wil I have to exchange PAM as well?

Regards, Dirk

--
Dr. Dirk Pape (Leiter des Rechnerbetriebs)
FB Mathematik und Informatik der FU-Berlin