Pending OpenSSH release: contains Kerberos/GSSAPI changes

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Fri Jan 30 18:11:12 EST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Wachdorf, Daniel R wrote:

> Well,
>
> It could be a problem. If someone has implemented a client and doesn't do
> mutual auth (as the standard says they should), they could be broken.

This right here is the key to me.  If someone is not following the RFC.
Then I say let them complaint to their vendor.

Again I ask.. As the code stands are *WE* in RFC compliance?  If not we
need it fixed.

As for what to base it off of.  Pick a recent snapshot.  Not as if the
GSSAPI-WITH-MIC code has drasticly changed in the last few days.

- Ben