service principals in AD fro unix kerberos clients

Ryan Odgers odgersr at out.co.za
Thu Jan 29 03:46:55 EST 2004

I get the following error when trying to connect with kermit telnet:
key size is not compatible with encryption type

I have set the UNIX kerberos client to use DES-CBC-CRC encryption.
If I look in the Leash ticket manger, after trying to connect to from kermit
to the UNIX host, I have the krbtgt ticket from the AD, as well as the
host/unixhost.domain at DOMAIN ticket.
Version of kerberos on UNIX is HP's version of Kerberos which comes with
11.11

"Jeffrey Altman" <jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:4015332F.5080605 at nyc.rr.com...
> Ryan Odgers wrote:
> > I have AD users corresponding to the services eg. telnet and ftp and
have
> > used ktpass to generate the following principals.
> > telnet/xxx.test.com at TEST.COM
> > ftp/xxx.test.com at TEST.COM
> >
> > I just get lost in how to get a ticket from windows to use that service.
if