Kerberos login on AIX 5.2

Sensei noone at nowhere.org
Sat Jan 17 05:28:06 EST 2004

Hi.

I'm trying to set up an afs cell, and the first step I have to make is
enabling kerberos 5 for login. The OS is AIX 5.2 and kerberos server
packages is KerberosV 1.3.0.0.

Following the manual, I edited the realm, chauthent-ed and edited login,
methods.conf with the correct values.

On login, the AIX system says "KRB5" cannot be loaded and it falls back
on the standard AIX login.

Why? KRB5 is r/x for all, and using kinit I can get the ticket... I
really don't know why... Someone can help me?
--
Sensei <mailto:senseiwa:tin.it> <icq:241572242>

But still I fear, and still I dare not
Laugh at the mad man (The Prophet's song)