Error compiling kerberos lib in OSX 10.3.1

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 16 10:35:53 EST 2004

>In compiling Samba 3.0.1 I'm running into a failure when it comes to
>compiling libsmb/clickrb5.c.

Is there some reason you can't use the samba 3.0.0rc2 which comes with 10.3.1?

The errors below are due to Samba using Kerberos's private APIs and
structures.  In order to make it possible for us to maintain a
consistent API, these functions and structures no longer available in
krb5-1.3 and later.

These Kerberos APIs are only used by Samba to provide a command line
option to list the KDCs Samba will use.  You can safely comment out
this code and replace it dummy code without making Samba unusable.
(You can get the same functionality by looking at the
edu.mit.Kerberos/krb5.conf file.)

>This would appear to be linked to the Kerberos portion of the Samba
>install, but unfortunately, I don't have enough experience with
>either Samba or Kerberos.
>
>The errors I've received are below:
>
>Using FLAGS =  -O -I./popt -Iinclude
>-I/samba/samba-3.0.1/source/include
>-I/samba/samba-3.0.1/source/ubiqx
>-I/samba/samba-3.0.1/source/smbwrapper  -I. -I/sw/include
>-I/samba/samba-3.0.1/source
>       LIBS = -lresolv -ldl
>       LDSHFLAGS = -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress
>-wl,-search_paths_first -L/sw/lib
>       LDFLAGS = -wl,-search_paths_first
>Compiling libsmb/clikrb5.c
>libsmb/clikrb5.c:188: undefined type, found `krb5_krbhst_handle'
>libsmb/clikrb5.c:189: undefined type, found `krb5_krbhst_info'
>cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in
>basic mode
>libsmb/clikrb5.c: In function `krb5_locate_kdc':
>libsmb/clikrb5.c:188: `krb5_krbhst_handle' undeclared (first use in
>this function)
>libsmb/clikrb5.c:188: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>libsmb/clikrb5.c:188: for each function it appears in.)
>libsmb/clikrb5.c:188: parse error before "hnd"
>libsmb/clikrb5.c:189: `krb5_krbhst_info' undeclared (first use in
>this function)
>libsmb/clikrb5.c:189: `hinfo' undeclared (first use in this function)
>libsmb/clikrb5.c:197: `KRB5_KRBHST_KDC' undeclared (first use in
>this function)
>libsmb/clikrb5.c:197: `hnd' undeclared (first use in this function)
>make: *** [libsmb/clikrb5.o] Error 1
>
>I've attempted to point configure to the default OS X libraries, but
>I'm still coming up short.
>
>Does anyone have any advice?

Hope this helps,

--lxs