Windows 2003 and kvno in tickets

Stephen Jacob Stephen.Jacob at nominum.com
Thu Jan 15 14:20:24 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 09:06:08AM -0600, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> I was hoping someone knew how the Windows admin could find the kvno in AD.
> The MS 2000 ktpass -kvno says you can add it, but it is not clear if this
> updates the AD or is only used to create a keytab file. Our Windows
> admins says the 2003 ktpass is not out yet.

Your Windows admins are confused.

ktpass is supplied, right there on the Windows Server 2003 CD.
Simply install "Support Tools", from \Support\Tools.

Actually, if I recall correctly, that's exactly where it comes
from for Windows 2000 (but, of course, the Windows 2000 Server CD)
too, making your Windows admins doubly uninformed.

Regards,
sj
--
 Stephen Jacob | Stephen.Jacob at nominum.com | +1 650 381 6051