new kerberos5 1.3.1 possible config problems

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Tue Jan 6 02:06:55 EST 2004

Quoth "Jacob Williams" <jacob at zenmaedia.com>:
| When I try to use the service in any way (even just using kinit) i get the res
| kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credent
| and I cannot work out what this means or what I need to do to fix it.

Hard to say.  I would look in the KDC syslog, or if you don't have
access to it yourself, ask someone who does (mention time, date and
your IP address.)  This log will show the full principal name in your
request.  (Assuming you're actually configured for the correct realm -
if not, then of course nothing will appear in that log.  You might
try the full user at realm principal name with kinit.)

The KDC syslog is really essential for troubleshooting configuration
problems and things like that.

	Donn Cave, donn at drizzle.com