MIT support for site specific SRV records

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 29 01:06:33 EST 2004

    Lars> Hi Any plans for implementing support in MIT Kerberos for
    Lars> Active Directory site awareness?

In general, MIT is interested in Implementing IETF standards or
ongoing work within the IETF for Kerberos.  We aren't really
interested in Microsoft-specific extensions unless and until these
extensions go through the standards process.

That said, we understand people would like to use MIT Kerberos as part
of both clients of AD domains and servers to replace AD domains.  We
understand certain work needs to be done to make that easier.  For
non-IETF things, our preference is to create plugin architectures
where new authorization data, preauthentication data, etc can be
handled.

We do support SRV records for locating KDCs as specified in
draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-06.txt.