Thread-safe libraries

Lukas Kubin kubin at opf.slu.cz
Wed Feb 25 04:01:26 EST 2004

How complicated is it to move to Heimdal from MIT?
I need a solution to enable users' authentication to LDAP in our network
which uses MIT Kerberos 5. What do you use?
Originally I (after I've found I can't use MIT's kerberos with OpenLDAP)
wished to try to use the krb5kdc LDAP schema and let LDAP server to
verify the password itself. However, I found the latest versions of
OpenLDAP don't support this feature.
Is there any other way?
I need to resolve this soon. But I don't know about Heimdal K5 support
on Windows. I need to use both Linux and Windows clients.
Thank you.

lukas