Generating KRB5 keytab Ticket

Talwar, Puneet (NIH/NIAID) PTALWAR at niaid.nih.gov
Mon Feb 23 17:17:44 EST 2004

HI,

I am having some issues creating krb5.keytab ticket on Windows 2000 server.
I have followed the direction on how to create krb5.keytab file from the
following URL below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324144
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324144>

Here is the command syntax I am using to create the keytab file and the
error messages that I am getting.

C:\>Ktpass -princ host/xxx.domain.gov at xxx.domain
<mailto:host/xxx.domain.gov at xxx.domain> .gov -mapuser macunis -pass password
-out macunis.keytab
Failed to set property "servicePrincipalName" to "host/xxxxdomain.gov" on Dn
"CN=Mac Unis,CN=Users,DC=xx,DC=xx,DC=gov".
WARNING: Unable to set SPN mapping data.
  If macunis already has an SPN mapping installed for  host/xxx.domain.gov,
this is no cause for concern.
Failed to retrieve user info for macunis.
Aborted.

If someone is help me out here as to why I am getting these error messages I
would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Puneet