Windows AD and MIT KDC Cross-Realm Trust

Digant Kasundra digant at uta.edu
Mon Feb 16 10:56:53 EST 2004

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/security/kerbsteps.as
> "Creating Account Mappings" this last service ticket woul have the
Microsoft PAC data in it.

> With cross realm the two AD/KDC never comunicate directly. The client
> gets cross realms tickets from one to use with the other.
>
> We do just the opposite. We have our user's registered in Windows AD, and
they authenticate to Windows then get > > cross realm for Unix services
> that are registered in the MIT realm.

I think that's one of the ways you can do it, but that setup isn't
considered "pass-through authentication," which is what we are going for.