Windows AD and MIT KDC Cross-Realm Trust

Digant Kasundra digant at uta.edu
Fri Feb 13 18:02:41 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

I have found plenty of step by step instructions on this but we have failed
to get them to work.  Here is what I've got:

We have a windows domain (UTA.EDU) and a kerberos realm (KERB.UTA.EDU).  We
want to test pass-through authentication on the Windows side so that when
windows users login, the DC will authenticate them against the kerberos
realm.

We have tried creating both a 1 way and a 2 way trust between the two and
neither has worked for us.  I have followed the directions as provided by
the UPenn website and the UCAR website.  But, regardless, when a user tries
to login, I don't see an authentication requestion coming from the DC to the
Kerberos box.

As I said, we have already done the steps as described below:
http://acd.ucar.edu/~fredrick/linux/kerberos/serversetup.html
<http://acd.ucar.edu/~fredrick/linux/kerberos/serversetup.html>

Anyone have any ideas (or if this is off topic, can someone tell me a
newsgroup where I an find this out at?)