Interoperability between Windows and Linux KDC

Mikael GENET genet at poste.isima.fr
Fri Feb 13 18:41:38 EST 2004

I have a problem about interoperability between Windows 2000 server and
my Linux Mandrake KDC. I installed the Linux KDC in the Realm
kerberos.com ; my Linux clients can authenticate itself (Telnet and ftp
are operating).My Windows 2000 server is the Domain controler of the
domain W2K.com.
  I did approbations and bidirectional trust relationships on my Windows
2000 server (I use the documentation of Microsoft to do it). I used the
command Netdom to configure transitive trust...But my Windows clients
which are in the W2K.com domain authenticate itselves (with active
directory) on the windows 2000 server. The principal of the user is in
the database of my Linux KDC. But The users must use the password which
is the password of the Windows 2000 server. I don't think the windows
server try to authenticate the user on the Linux KDC (I don't find any
log on the KDC...).
    I hope that you mean what I want to do, that is to say my Linux KDC
must authenticate all users of the 2 domains (or more...)
    Thank you for your help...