kfw & krb5 1.3.1

King Lung Chiu csklc at farrer.hpc.csiro.au
Mon Feb 9 01:46:45 EST 2004

OK, here's a bit more info:

 $ export KRB5CCNAME=FILE:C:/cygwin/tmp/krb5ccwin;leash32 -m;klist -5 -e
 Ticket cache: FILE:C:/cygwin/tmp/krb5ccwin
 Default principal: chi145 at NEXUS.CSIRO.AU

 02/09/04 16:28:13  02/10/04 02:28:13
 krbtgt/NEXUS.CSIRO.AU at NEXUS.CSIRO.AU
   renew until 02/16/04 16:28:13, Etype (skey, tkt): etype 0, ArcFour
   with HMAC/md5

It appears that no matter what I specify 'default_tkt_enctypes'
and 'default_tgs_enctypes' to be in krb5.ini, leash32 / ms2mit always
encrypts my ticket with arcfour-hmac-md5.

Is this a bug in kfw 2.5? If not, how do I make it encrypt the tgt with,
say, des-cbc-crc? My current krb5.ini (in kf2's bin dir):

 [libdefaults]
  default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-md4
  default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-md4

any ideas? regards

King Lung Chiu