Kerberos vendors

Gustavo V. G. C. Rios gustavo.rios at terra.com.br
Sat Feb 7 12:58:12 EST 2004

Gabe wrote:

> Howdy, all.
>
> At http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/#what_is , it says that there are a bunch
> of vendors who sell their own versions of Kerberos.  Can you guys steer me
> towards a couple vendors?  (My google and yahoo skills did not produce any
> success.)  In particular, I'm looking for Kerberos libraries for the
> PocketPC or PalmOS platforms, but knowing the existence of any vendors would
> probably be better than nothing.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> - Gabe

Hey Gabe!

i have written a library for parsing kerberos ASN messages! It is in
full compliance with ANSI X3-159-1989 and POSIX. The whole library is
very small, on 45038 bytes on my PIII/GCC 2.95.3/OBSD 3.2.

Since an application would not be use all functions, but only the ones
pertinent to its context of execution, the memory overhead is very, very
small. Since i did not use any automated asn parser generator, i wrote
completely by myself. It is extremely fast in terms of CPU cycles usage.
Another key features on performance is how it manages memory: it touches
as less as possible on malloc/realloc/free, etc...

If you would like to take a look, it is Open Source.

Let me known i would be glad to help.

Gustavo Rios