malloc hang inside krb5_sendto_kdc

Ken Weaverling weave at navajo.dtcc.edu
Fri Feb 6 15:29:29 EST 2004

In article <4020E692.2040100 at nyc.rr.com>,
Jeffrey Altman  <jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>It certainly looks like the stack is being damaged after the
>krb5_sendto_kdc() begins.  krbd_locate_kdc() is the most likely
>target.

>The most useful thing would be to add code before and after the
>krb5_locate_kdc() call to check for context == realm as they are
>both being set to 0x1.  Write to a log file when you find the condition.

I did that. I guess I changed the picture by looking at it. While
before everytime I did a backtrace the realm and context pointers had
0x1, now that I added code to check for that, the process hangs and
when I attach and backtrace, those values have valid pointers that
point to sane looking data.

Right now I think my best bet is to upgrade to 1.3.1 and see what
happens. It won't be supported by Redhat but then again, not getting
much support from them for 1.2.7 anyway... :-(

--
Ken Weaverling (ken a.t weaverling.org) WHOIS: KJW  http://www.weaverling.org/