Kerberos NFSD for Linux?

Ra rarue at volcanomail.com
Fri Feb 6 09:42:10 EST 2004

I'd welcome an easy "how to setup NFS v4 on Linux, server and client,
and use an existing Kerberos Domain Controller for authentication."
The few papers on NFS v4 I've examined suggest that setting things up is
a bit more complicated than with previous versions of NFS.

(I'd really like to be able to serve from mybox where I have root to
anybox, where I might log in as a regular user and want to NFS mount
my user directory, even if anybox's root hadn't done much.)

Anyway, for security and simplicity, you might want to check out this
interesting SFS project:

http://www.fs.net/sfswww/

A nice overview of network filesystems by Stephen Wiesand I found on the net
over here
http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~schoene/unter_texte/texte/filesystems_Zeuthen/sld001.htm