Kerberos NFSD for Linux?

Rainer Orth ro at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Thu Feb 5 08:19:10 EST 2004

Luke Scharf <lscharf at lukeshouse.homeunix.org> writes:

> Is there a version of NFSD for Linux that supports Kerberos?  I haven't
> yet been able to summon it from the depths of Google.
>
> In any case, I'm looking for some sort of network filesystem that's
> Kerberos-aware, and more secure than the host-based trust of traditional
> NFS.  And less complex than OpenAFS.

Have a look at the CITI reference implementation of NFSv4 (including
RPCSEC_GSS with Kerberos V5) at

	http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/index.html

A considerable part of it is already included in the 2.6 Linux kernel.
AFAIK this also includes RPCSEC_GSS for NFSv2/3, and thus should
interoperate with Solaris 2.6 and up.  Haven't tried this yet, though.

	Rainer