[domain_realm] question

Inger, Slav (S.B.) vinger at ford.com
Wed Feb 4 17:48:01 EST 2004

Final question for today:  is it explicitly disallowed for separate realms
to map to a single DNS domain in [domain_realm] section?  We have a
situation where users belonging to separate realms are in the same DNS
domain and cross-realm authentication for these users is a must.  When I
tested this, Kerberos would get confused and deny cross-realm authentication
requests.  Just making sure I wasn't missing anything when I tried it.  If
this is currently not an option, some thought needs to be given to
scalability issues Kerberos faces in large heterogenous environments.