KRB5_CONFIG and pam_krb5.so

Inger, Slav (S.B.) vinger at ford.com
Wed Feb 4 12:26:13 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to force pam_krb5 to read KRB5_CONFIG environment
variable in order to source krb5.conf from an alternative location (other
than /etc).  This is with pam_krb5 v1.0.3 and Heimdal v0.4e.  pam_krb5
doesn't seem to have this as one of its parameters, so I was thinking of
using either pam_env.so or pam_putenv() call (from my own module above
pam_krb5) to set the variable.  But regardless of how it gets set, does
anyone know if pam_krb5 pays attention to this variable in the first place?
Thanks.