Problem with Maximum Tolerance

Roland C. Dowdeswell elric at imrryr.org
Mon Dec 13 22:03:35 EST 2004

"minipower" wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I have big problem wiht Kerberos V5 feature called "Maximum tolerance for
>computer clock
>synchronization". I have win2003 domain. I already tryed changing local
>group policy and
>domain policy (Kerberos Policy). Also I tryed registry key -
>HKLM\System\CCS\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Parameters  (dword "SkewTime"),
>but nothing help. I simple dont need this time-difference checking, I need
>machines to be different times. How I can disable this Kerberos feature in
>Win2003?

I'm not sure if you can disable clock skew detection in Win2003,
but I would assume that it is not possible because it would have
rather adverse security consequences.  Perhaps it would be more
beneficial to question why you need to have your computers set to
different times and change that instead?

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/