Kerb5 1.3.3 ktutil error under RHEL3

Scott Moseman scmoseman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 22:47:50 EST 2004

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 2)

RHEL3 came with a pre-1.3 version of Kerberos installed.
To get Kerberos to work, I have found I need 1.3.3 and up.
So I upgrade krb5 and all depencies (a bunch) to get to that.
(Basically using dependency packages from Fedore Core 2.)

# rpm -q krb5-devel krb5-libs krb5-server krb5-workstation
krb5-devel-1.3.3-1
krb5-libs-1.3.3-1
krb5-server-1.3.3-1
krb5-workstation-1.3.3-1

Got everything upgraded without any dependency failures.
But when I go to run "ktutil" to put keytabs into th# ktutil

ktutil: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3:
undefined symbol: add_error_table table

Does anyone know what I can do to try and troubleshoot this?
I did not have too much luck going through Google on this one.

Thanks,
Scott