Kerberos installation problems

Ed O'Neil efoneil at netdoor.com
Sun Dec 12 13:36:54 EST 2004

Gentlemen

I am trying to install kerberos software (installation file
kfw_20040914a_setup.exe received from http://kirby.hpcmp.hpc.mil/) on a
windows 98 pc.  After following the installation directions when I try to
run krb5.exe I get the error info box "Credentials cache I/O operation
failed XXX while initializing program.".  To alleviate this problem, I have
tried the following:  1) made sure my PATH could find all files, 2) in
krb5.ini I changed  my [libedfaults] default realm from HPCMP.HPC.MIL to
WES.HPC.MIL  3) I changed my ccache_type from the default 4 to 1, then when
that didn't work changed it to 3  all of the above didn't change the error
info box.  I have read all the FAQs and didn't see anything to help me.  In
the MIT kerberos FAQ I found an entry saying I should have among other files
kclnt32.dll and krbcc32s.exe neither of which came with the download nor
were anywhere on my PC.

Can you  help me get past this installation hurdle?  Is there an FTP site
where I can get the above 2 files?

Sincerely
Ed O'Neil
efoneil at netdoor.com