kadmind - SIGSEGV

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Mon Dec 13 04:43:34 EST 2004

[...}

> This is very interesting.  Purify sees nothing of the sort when run on
> a simple test case on recent code, which should be mostly identical in
> this area to krb5-1.3.4.
>
> Does this only happen when you attempt to change the password of one
> particular principal, or does it do so for all principals, including
> brand new ones?  Do you have password policies enabled?  How many old
> passwords do you keep, and have you changed that number changed
> recently?

Actually it seems to happen for all princpals that already existed before
the upgrade - or whatever the reason was, call it a point in time - I
haven't seen these issues for newly created ones.

I do have password policies enabled, and AFAIK I modified the length of
the history - it had been set to 10 , and I changed it to 3 - and then
reapplied the policy to all the users - might this be causing trouble? I
didn't consider these modifications at all, but the issues could be
completely unrelated to the upgrade but be related to these modifications

> Also, what release of krb5 did you upgrade from?
Don't really know, it was the version in debian/testing before the current
one ... - but as I said above, the upgrade might indeed not be the real
issue...

Thanks for your help,
Michael