Cisco VPN 3000 series does not support preauth

Garrett Wollman wollman at lcs.mit.edu
Wed Dec 8 18:14:17 EST 2004

In article <20041208224949.GD290 at yiff.mit.edu>,
Rachel Elizabeth Dillon <red at MIT.EDU> wrote:

>A colleague went and asked Cisco about the Kerberos preauthentication
>issue on VPN 3000 series hardware, and apparently they do not support
>preauthentication and do not intend to do so. I thought this might be
>useful to other people on this list, so I sent it along.

Hardware or software preauth?

Cisco definitely does support software preauth in the VPN 3005 that we
have; I know because I wasted quite a bit of time getting them to fix
it so that it worked with anything other than des-cbc-* keys.  Our VPN
users depend on this to log in, so it would be an unpleasant surprise
if it stopped working.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | As the Constitution endures, persons in every
wollman at lcs.mit.edu  | generation can invoke its principles in their own