Where can I find the "WORKING" Kerberos client code?

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Sat Dec 4 20:57:19 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 22:57 +0000, Surendra Babu Ande wrote:
> Could you please give some pointers to implement the
> same?
> Some of our concerns:
> - Where should I find the Client code?

Depends on what implementation you want to look at. The homepage for the
MIT implementation is here:
<http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/>

The homepage for the Heimdal implementation is here:
<http://www.pdc.kth.se/heimdal/>

> - And also send us the build procedure.

AFAIR, it's just the usual "./configure", "make".

> - Any Porting issues to be considered?

That, of course, depends on your target platform. It's a little hard to
answer that without knowing that it's being ported to.

> - what type of Data formats exchanged between Client
> and Server?

AFAIK, it's just ASN.1. I quick look at a traffic dump with your
favorite packet analyzer should give you more answers than I can provide
in hours.

Good luck,
Fredrik Tolf