Heimdal client ist waiting 10 secs after entering password

Oliver Ehlebracht trash at it-place.de
Fri Dec 3 05:14:11 EST 2004

Hi there,

I tried to authenticate a user on SuSE Linux 9.x using Heimdal Kerberos.
Our KDC is a MIT-Kerberos machine. Everthings is working fine, but if I
try to log on my SuSE client I have to wait about 10 secs after entering
my Kerberos password.

I only configured Kerberos on the client with YaST and put a keytab file
to the /etc directory.

Finaly I made a TCP dump with ethereal yesterday and found out that the
client is sending three requests every three secs to the KDC after
getting it's TGT.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks for help! Oliver