Kerberos and apache problem

Achim Grolms achim at grolmsnet.de
Thu Dec 2 19:51:26 EST 2004

nightolo <nightolo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I configured all of these stuff but when I tried to log on with apache
> with Basic Authentication I got "gss_acquire_cred() failed:
> Miscellaneous failure (No principal in keytab matches desired name)"
> in error.log.

Have you checked that your keytab is correct?

> Yes, Basic Authentication, I'm not mistaken; I read the fine manual
> and I found that browser authenticate itself with apache Basic
> Authentication and, after this passage, Apache authenticate this user
> with KDC and, get the ticket.

No ticket, in case of "Basic Auth" Apache talks
with KDC to verify username/password he has got from browser.

> I got a trouble in my mind because I turn on KrbMethodNegotiate On
> (the real kerberos sign-on authentication) but, as README says, apache
> don't talk with KDC. Is it correct?

In case of real Kerberos Authentication
(SPNEGO, KrbMethodNegotiate On) the Apache does not talk
to the KDC.

> By the way, here have anyone done a setup with a similar enviroment?

Yes, me
Find my tutorial at
<http://www.grolmsnet.de/kerbtut/>

Achim