PKINIT Standard

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 3 09:19:17 EST 2004

>>>>> "Nebergall," == Nebergall, Christopher <cneberg at sandia.gov> writes:

h    Nebergall,> Does anyone now how close the PKINIT draft is to being
    Nebergall,> a final version?  What mailing lists should I join to
    Nebergall,> keep up on this?

You should join ietf-krb-wg at anl.gov (ietf-krb-wg-request at anl.gov)

Briefly, there are not many open issues left.  Once these are resolved
the draft will presumably enter working group last call which takes
two weeks.  Then there will be an IETF last call which takes two
weeks.  Assuming no issues requiring significant work happen at either
stage, the draft will be placed on the IESG agenda for their approval.  The earliest this could happen is January 20, 2006.

For a draft this complicated I'd expect at least some concerns raised
by the IESG.

So earliest possible date for approval is January 20.  More likely,
approval in February with some reasonable chance of much longer than
that.

In the grand scheme of things, this is very close to approval.  I
would not expect any more protocol changes unless someone finds
something unexpected.

--Sam, speaking only for myself