kpasswd times out!

isfandarmad brother_sand at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 19:46:45 EDT 2004

OK,
	I have set up a functioning KDC in a Debian linux environment.  I have a
couple of machines with the kerberized ssh package, keytabs in place, and
everything is just dandy.  I log in, get a ticket and can then ssh to
several other machines without having to enter another password.

 	But kpasswd always fails.  I run kpasswd - it asks me for my password
 (username at REALM) - I enter it and it asks for my new password.  After I
 enter it (the second time) it just waits.  Eventually it times out.

	I'm not at the office right now so I don't have the details that would
normally be requested.  I'll post them up tomorrow.  But has anyone ever
come across this problem?  I have googled all over and can't find anyone
who has ever had this issue.

Detail to follow.  Thanks.
D.