Windows 2003 KDC: Problem mit ktpass

Mitchell, Michael (MSO [Openview]) mike.mitchell at hp.com
Mon Aug 30 14:36:48 EDT 2004

Claude,

I am having the same the same problem..... Have you solved the problem
you had?

mm

Windows 2003 KDC: Problem mit ktpass
Rouiller Claude claude.rouiller at rtc.ch
Thu Jun 3 15:32:38 EDT 2004

Hi

I have a problem with ktpass (from MS Windows 2003):
I type the command:
   ktpass /princ sso_jabasauth/server1.coucou.com at SSOTEST.COUCOU.COM
/mapuser ssojabasauth /pass * /out sso_jabasauth.keytab
ktpass gives me the following error message:
   DsCrackNames returned 0x2 in the name entry for ssojabasauth.

do you know what this error meens?
It seems to me that ktpass can't find this user in the directory, but
I've
checked and both the "display name" and the "user logon name" of the
account
are equal to "ssojabasauth".

Thanks
Claude