Commit password change

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Mon Aug 30 12:42:17 EDT 2004

> Can someone tell me where in the code a password change is actually
> committed?  I see a handful or wrappers and related functions but I'm
> curious is there is one single point where a principal/password pair are
> written.

Almost.  You'll want to look in src/lib/kadm5/srv/svr_principal.c
We put hooks in these functions:
   kadm5_create_principal_3()
   kadm5_delete_principal()
   kadm5_rename_principal()
   kadm5_chpass_principal_3()

> My plan is to hook into that function to send principal/password pairs to an
> external auth service so that passwords can stay in sync.

Several of us have already done this.  If you search the archives
you'll probably find something that will help you.

John