Fedora2/Apache2 and Key Version Error

Scott Moseman smoseman at novolink.net
Thu Aug 26 14:54:22 EDT 2004

We have found the solution to this problem!
PS- Christopher, thanks for your assistance!

The problem was in the syntax of the "ktpass" command.
Apparently if you use "-pass *" and prompt for the password,
which most documentation we followed provided, the KVNO
is changed in the 2003 ActiveDirectory.  By using the syntax of
"-pass password" and not prompting for it, the KVNO was ok.

For whatever reason, on a 2003 domain, when using "-pass *",
it would reset/change the KeyNumber in the AD after the key is
already processed (so the values did not match).  However, with
the "-pass password" hardcoded on the command line, it works.

Thank you, again, Christopher for the help you were providing.

Thanks,
Scott Moseman