Fedora2/Apache2 and Key Version Error

Scott Moseman smoseman at novolink.net
Tue Aug 24 15:58:38 EDT 2004

Fedora Core 2 running Apache 2.0.50 using mod_auth_kerb-rc6.
Setup Kerberos and made principals for the system and for Apache.

Login (pam) access using Kerberos is working great.  No problem.
kinit works and authenticates against the ADS.  No problem there.

When my browser hits the Apache server, I get this error message:

gss_accept_sec_context() failed: Miscellaneous failure
(Key version number for principal in key table is incorrect)

The website pops up the user/pass prompt (which we want to stop)
and I am able to login with my ADS credentials okay.  No problem.

Any idea what is causing the above error message in Apache's logs?
I have a feeling this is what is stopping us from having SSO working.
(The website is in my Intranet Sites and I do have IWA configured.)

Thanks,
Scott Moseman