GSSAPI security for connection encryption

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Thu Aug 19 18:56:10 EDT 2004

FTP AUTH GSS cannot be implemented with SEQUENCE protection if
the client plans on sending data on the command channel while
there is an active data channel using the GSS context.  This is
a serious problem for GUI FTP implementations which issue
STAT commands for status updates; or for other implementation
wishing to protect against NAT/firewall timeouts.

I have a proposal to fix this but the changes are incompatible
with the current implementation.  Hopefully I will find the
time to work on submitting it to the IETF.

Jeffrey Altman