Using Windows AD generated Kerberos tickets without a PAC

Bob.Smart@csiro.au Bob.Smart at csiro.au
Wed Aug 18 20:18:15 EDT 2004

Pardon my question. I'm sure this is obvious, but I'd like to see it
explicitly stated before I hassle our Domain Controller people to
implement this.

I presume that this only applies when users kinit from a unix
environment. I.e. if you install this patch and configure users with
this option then it will have no affect when they do a domain login and
access windows resources. It will only change the behaviour when they do
a kinit in a unix environment.

I hope. Otherwise its not much use (in which case I'd really like to see
the kinit option added, to not request a PAC. Indeed I think that is a
good idea anyway because I'm quite sure our Domain Controller people
will be hard to convince to apply this patch, and I'm sure I won't be
the only one in that regard.)

The widespread deployment of KDCs under the guise of Active Directory
provides a great opportunity for kerberos. Hopefully we can soon put PAC
problems behind us and realise our SSO dreams.

Bob