apache_mod_kerberos install & use

ghasem ghasemferdowsi at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 10:16:53 EDT 2004

Dear fellows:
I have recently installed kerberos on a linux debian box. Then I
installed apache_mod_kerb because actually this was I wanted to
install kerberos in the first place. Now I am stuck in the part which
says this:
"Default name of the service key is HTTP/<fqdn_of_www_server>@REALM,
another name of the first instance can be set using the KrbServiceName
option. The key must be stored in a keytab on a local disk, the
Krb5Keytab and Krb4Srvtab option......." in the configuration options
on http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/configure.html . Actually, while
installing kerberos, I got stuck in the making of the client.
The making of the server was pretty hard until I got the hang of how
things work. Although the ports were open but I could not use it since
I got a connection refused, which means that I had not configures the
username passwords correctly.
So I got the server running, but giving access to clients and later
the configuration of the clients still remain.
I would really appreciate guidance on this from anyone of you
kerberos/apache_mod_kerb experts.
I ultimately want to connect to make trust between a
Linux/kerberos/apache_mod_kerb and a windows network, so that Windows
users can use their passwords to access certain pages served by the
apache, does anyone have any comments on this?
All the best,
ghasem