Using kerberized Unix services from Windows clients authenticating against a Windows 200x Server AD

Barbat, Calin c.barbat at osram.de
Wed Aug 18 06:28:25 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Kerberos; just compiled it from source and installed it locally, so I can telnet to my own Linux machine without password.
After going through a somewhat lengthy configuration I finally was able to start the kerberized telnetd daemon in inetd.conf and connect with a kerberized telnet without being prompted for my password.

My Linux box is connected to a network serviced by Windows 2000 Server AD. My question is: how should I configure this setup such that I can do a kerberized telnet from a (any?) Windows client in the AD to my Linux box?
I suppose this has something to do with keytabs.
I'd be very happy to get an answer or be pointed to a good source of information.

Best regards,

C.Barbat