Problem changing expired Windows 2000 passwords

rodolfo@ime.unicamp.br rodolfo at ime.unicamp.br
Tue Aug 17 09:12:52 EDT 2004

Hi!

We have a Windows 2000 domain with workstations performing authentication
at a MIT Kerberos KDC.  It works fine but, if the user's password has
expired, the Windows workstations displays it's normal "password expired"
alert, but when the user tries to change this password, Windows shows the
"domain not available" message.

Running tcpdump at the kdc, I show no kerberos related traffic when this
password-change is tried.

There is a article at Microsoft about a similar problem, but it says the
issue is solved with service pack 1.  We have service pack 4 at our
windows workstations.

Some idea???

Tnks!

[]s!