Running MIT Kerberos on Cygwin

Anderson Luiz Brunozi abrunozi at cpqd.com.br
Fri Aug 13 07:28:17 EDT 2004

Hello Kerberos folks!

I'm trying to install MIT Kerberos 5 (krb5-1.3.4) on Windows, using Cygwin. After finding a patch to build Kerberos on Cygwin, i was able to install it. However, when i try to start the kerberos daemon /usr/local/sbin/krb5kdc, i keep getting the following error message on the log file:

krb5kdc: Replay I/O operation failed XXX - while initializing KDC replay cache 'dfl:krb5kdc_rcache'

Has anyone ever seen a problem like this? And know how to solve that?

Thanks for any help,

  Anderson