Question: want different default_realm for service and user principles

Dirk Pape pape at inf.fu-berlin.de
Fri Aug 13 06:43:27 EDT 2004

Hello,

In article <411B6408.8080202 at anl.gov>,
 deengert at anl.gov ("Douglas E. Engert") wrote:

> As Jeff pointed out, another approach is to start sshd with
> KRB5_CONFIG=/etc/krb5.server.conf already set.
>
> But if you also allow ssh login via Krb user and password, this
> would set the deafult realm for these user to the wrong realm.

yes, I see the problem. As far as I see pam_krb5 has no parameter to set
the realm user will be authenticated to, but allways will take it from
the conf/env.

I will see how far I come with the other hints I got, especially with
using the domain_realms section and capaths appropriately.

I am not willing to maintain a patched kerberos for all our platforms
here, so I have to wait until you patch is accepted by MIT and went into
the os-distributions (debian linux, solaris, macosx), which will take
looong time in my experience

Dirk.

--
Dr. Dirk Pape (Leiter des Rechnerbetriebs)
FB Mathematik und Informatik der FU-Berlin