Question: want different default_realm for service and user principles

Dirk Pape pape at inf.fu-berlin.de
Fri Aug 13 02:31:48 EDT 2004

Hello,

In article <411B1ED7.7B74EB15 at india.hp.com>,
 Kiran Kumar M <mkiran at india.hp.com> wrote:

> [libdefaults]
> default_realm = FOO.ORG  # This will ensure that we'll go to FOO.ORG to get
> tickets for users
>
> [realms]
>         FOO.ORG = {
>            kdc =  svr.foo.org:88
>            admin_server = svr.foo.org
> }
>         BAR.FOO.ORG = {
>            kdc =  svr.bar.foo.org:88
>            admin_server = svr.bar.foo.org
> }
> [domain_realm]
> .your.domain.org = BAR.FOO.ORG
> # This will ensure that principals of type service/xyz.your.domain.org will
> be resolved to belong to BAR.FOO.ORG
> [capaths]
>     BAR.FOO.ORG = {
>             FOO.ORG = .
>     }
>     FOO.ORG = {
>             BAR.FOO.ORG = .
>     }

Thanks for help but I already tried this. The problem with this config
is that the services (ssh, libapache-kerb-auth, etc.) itself on start
will not find their entry in the keytab which will authorize them to do
authetication of users. They use the default_realm as extension to
identify the SPN of the keytab entry.

Or is the [capatchs] section doing the magic so that kerberos libs try
other (trusted) realms' names for finding a key?

Dirk.

--
Dr. Dirk Pape (Leiter des Rechnerbetriebs)
FB Mathematik und Informatik der FU-Berlin