Windows 2000/2003 Domain on Linux

Thomas Schweizer xinu at gmx.ch
Thu Aug 5 13:28:30 EDT 2004

Well, an ADS domain consists of Kerberos 5, LDAP and DDNS all glued
together. It is unfortunately not sufficient just to have all of these
services running. As we all know MSFT, they have added their own
extensions (PAC, connectionless LDAP,...) to these protocols and the
clients do relay on them. Hence it would be necessary to implement quite
a lot of them. I think the major goal of Samba 4.0 will be the
implementation of a complete ADS-compatible directory service. But the
time schedule is AFAIK not very concrete. So you've got to be a little
patient...

Cheers.