Where are Kerberos configuration/credentials stored in a Windows ActiveDirectory environment?

Sleepy sleepy at sleepy.net
Wed Apr 28 16:51:28 EDT 2004

I'm attempting to use Java's implementation of Kerberos in a Windows
ActiveDirectory environment. I have discovered that it appears that
Java and Windows each handle Kerberos configurations and credentials
independently. For example, Java appears to store its credentials
cache in

c:\documents and settings\<username>\krb55cc_<username>

So, the Java klist appears to draw from this file. However, the
Microsoft Resource Kit klist appears to draw from somewhere else. Does
anyone know where? I can't seem to find it in the registry or
anything.

Also, any locations of where Kerberos settings may be drawn from (eg -
similar to how Java's kinit tool uses C:\WinNT\krb5.ini) in a Windows
ActiveDirectory environment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!