Hiemdal kadmin and attributes

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Mon Apr 26 14:35:10 EDT 2004

On Thursday, April 22, 2004 18:42:46 -0700 Nick Atkins
<google-groups at slippytoad.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Heimdal Kerberos on SuSE 8.1 and trying to write a script
> to automate adding principals.  I am using "kadmin" and this works
> when I do something like:
>
> kadmin -l add res/myhost.ourdomain.com at REALM
>
> However, I'm trying to supply "attributes" on this command line so I
> can specify an encryption type of des-cbc-crc only (i.e. no 3des
> allowed).  Does anyone have a clue as to what can be specified with
> the "-attributes" option?  I can't find any docs on this subject...

"attributes" are flags, like disallow-svr or requires-hw-auth.
There is no way to set enctypes on the command line; you need to
temporarily modify the krb5.conf on the machine where you run kadmind (or
kadmin -l).

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>
   Sr. Research Systems Programmer