problem with connection to kdc

Jan Kowalski falagar at wp.pl
Mon Apr 26 09:54:39 EDT 2004

Hello!
I'm student of Technical University of Opole and I'm making
Kerberos realm for my
 security project.
I have installed Kerberos from source code on the Red Hat Linux
7.3, edited configuration files,
created database and succefully
started krb5kdc and kadmind deamons. But now I have a 2
problems:

-when I'm trying obtain a ticket using kinit there is a error :
cannot resolve network adress
for the kdc( I have configured source code with --enable-dns and
configured my DNS server,the
necessary ports are opened). When I'm checking my network using
ping everything is ok.
Maybe i have made something wrong with mapping my hostnames onto
kerberos realm?

-when I'm trying to obtain ticket on usung host on which I have
a kdc there is a error that there is no user
root/admin at grodziec.pl but in kadmin.local when I list
principals user allreay exist.
I'm sorry for bother you but I'm still rooky with Linux and I
really don't know what I have
made wrong.
Thanks

There are my conf files:
krb5.conf

[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log
[libdefaults]
ticket_lifetime = 24000
default_realm = GRODZIEC.PL
dns_lookup_realm = true
dns_lookup_kdc = true
[realms]
 GRODZIEC.PL = {
 kdc = linuxmaster.grodziec.pl:88
 admin_server = linuxmaster.grodziec.pl:749
 default_domain = grodziec.pl}
[domain_realm]
 grodziec.pl = GRODZIEC.PL
 .grodziec.pl = GRODZIEC.PL
[kdc]
 profile = /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kdc.conf
[appdefaults]
pam = {
  debug = false
  ticket_lifetime = 36000
  renew_lifetime = 36000
  forwardable = true
 krb4_convert = false
 }
kdc.conf
[kdcdefaults]
kdc_ports = 750,88
[realms]
GRODZIEC.PL = {
		database_name
= /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/principal
admin_keytab = FILE:/usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab
		acl_file = /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl
	        key_stash_file
= /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/.k5.GRODZIEC.PL
	                kdc_ports = 750,88
	        max_life = 10h 0m 0s
	        max_renewable_life = 7d 0h 0m 0s
	   }

Epopeja o wędrówce genów, subtelnościach płci i zakazanych
namiętnościach. Światowy bestseller nagrodzony Pulitzerem!
Middlesex Jeffreya Eugenidesa!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fksiazki.wp.pl%2Fkatalog%2Fksiazki%2Fksiazka.html%3Fkw%3D75573&sid=166