SEAM krb API

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 20 16:12:17 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 12:56:02PM -0400, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> >does seam support kerberos API calls? I need to implement a kerberos
> >client app that needs to get initial credentials and So far based on
> >my investigation, SEAM doesn't seem to have kerberos api calls. I
> >found krb_get_cred but I believe these are kerberos 4 API calls and
> >besides I dont' have a libkrb. hehehe so that is a problem too.

Solaris does not expose an interface to raw Kerberos V, no.

The krb4 stuff was dropped from Solaris years ago.

> FWIW, everyone I know who does Kerberos stuff on Solaris systems doesn't
> use SEAM, they use one of the third-party Kerberos implementations and
> link against that.

We at Sun encourage the use of the GSS-API instead.

See a separate post from me, on this list, today addressing Ken's points
about the GSS-API lack of certain features needed by applications like
sshd(1).

Nico