Storing TGT in cache

Richard Gundersen richardgundersen at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 12:20:57 EDT 2004

Hi

In case my previous question didn't sound clear, I've done some digging and
found that Wedgetail have an Java API for Kerberos. The JavaDoc describes a
class called FileCredentialStore which has a method put(Credential) which
can be used to store a ticket in a file cache.

This is exactly the functionality I want. Ideally I'd like to find out how
to do this myself (legally!). If I were to write such a mechanism myself are
there specific rules I need to follow in terms of how I persist the ticket
in the cache so that it complies with Kerberos? Or would it be valid to come
up with some proprietary method of persistence? E.g. if I am using Suns
Krb5LoginModule to read from the cache, the format I save it in, encryption
used etc, must be well defined.

Any suggestions very gratefully received!

Regards