kinit programming

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Mon Apr 19 10:46:20 EDT 2004

melissa_benkyo wrote:

> I'm looking it up. and I'm using SEAM kerberos. I don't think it
> supports the kerberos API calls. Has anyone done kinit with SEAM
> kerberos?

Its still not clear why you can't use the SEAM kinit, and think you
have to write your own.

Since as Jeff said, Sun does not have a Krb5 API, have you considered
using PAM? You could write your applicaiton to call PAM passing the
user and pasword you need,and get a ticket cache.

You know you can also setup the workstation to use Kerberos for login,
via PAM and give your Kerberos user and password at the dtlogin screen,
or the command line.This would then create the ticket cache for you,
and you would not need to write your own kinit.
=