Storing TGT in cache

Richard Gundersen richardgundersen at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 18 16:08:56 EDT 2004

Hi

After logging in successfully using the Krb5LoginModule that comes with
JDK1.4 I get a TGT that's either come from the cache, or has been created
from fresh by the KDC. This ticket hangs around in memory so I can use it
until it expires.

But if I close my Browser/application etc, that TGT is lost because it has
not been persisted in the cache. The only way I can see of storing a ticket
in the cache is by using kinit, but I don't want to do this because it means
two calls to the KDC - once to get the 'transient' ticket and then once
again when I call kinit.

I thought there would be some method on KerberosTicket called
storeInTicketCache() or something but can't find anything like it.

Has anyone else had this and found a solution?

Thanks for your help